Mass to resume May 9, 2020 at 4pm with the following guidelines.
I am glad to inform you that we shall start public Mass at St Bernadette on May 9, Saturday at 4:00 PM (Mother’s Day weekend).
All are required to observe the very strict guidelines below which are based on the guidelines given by the civil authorities:
– Obligation of attending Sunday mass has been lifted till June 30, 2020.
– Those over 65 with underlying health issues are advised to avoid risk of attending public celebration of the Mass.
– Those who have been exposed to another with virus within 14 days are not permitted. Before coming to church all are requested to check temperature at home.
– All are obliged to wear mask or other face covering and gloves upon entering the church and continue wearing them except when seated and while consuming the Holy Communion.
– All should strictly maintain the social distance of minimum 6-foot while sitting in the pews. A family can sit together but maintain the distance of 6-foot with other family or individuals.
– Rules of social distancing are to be strictly observed while entering and going out of the church as well as while receiving Holy Communion.
– Ushers will not go around for offertory collection. Faithful are requested to drop their contributions in baskets while entering the church.
Fr. Alex Ekka